Born in Hollywood California, the son of a successful studio musician, I grew up with the industry all around me. I began studying music at the age of 6 and knew I was going to join the profession when I wrote my first song at the age of 12.
From then on I absorbed everything I could about every instrument I could get my hands on, every facet of music theory, and every facet of the ever changing industry.
I’ve performed a multitude of styles from pop to jazz to funk to Celtic.
I’ve recorded, mixed, and mastered hundreds of projects (professional and personal). I’ve charted countless chord charts, lead sheets, piano sheet music, guitars/bass/ukulele/banjo/mandolin tabs and notation, drum parts, full band and full orchestra arrangements. Further more, I’ve taught both private and group lessons for nearly a decade.
My father once said to me “You have to do at least 5 different jobs to make it in the music industry.” I do 18.
- I teach 6 different instruments.
- I teach music theory (7),
- audio recording (8),
- mixing (9),
- and mastering (10).
- I play solo piano gigs (11)
- and multiple instruments in bands (12).
- I direct bands at my local music studio currently and in the past for other clients (13).
- I arrange music for clients (14).
- I run a home recording studio (15).
- I write music for television (16).
- I notate and tab sheet music for clients and students (17).
- I write and self-publish music books (18).
I’m a man of many hats. Let me know which one I need.